Happy New Year to you!!
This afternoon I was sitting in the conservatory with one of my kitties and we were both watching the birds visiting the magnolia tree which is strung with all sorts of birdy delights. I suspect that the cat and I were enjoying their antics for completely different reasons and I am glad that panes of glass separated my little feline companion from our winged friends :)
So, 2015! I am excited about this new year. My 'word' for this year is "savour".
The Oxford dictionary defines "savour" like this: To enjoy or appreciate (something pleasant) to the full, especially by lingering over it.
With 2014 having been a year that seemed to pass by in a blur and consequently is not one I particularly enjoyed, I think that "Savour" sums up how I want to spend 2015.
* I want to savour moments, times, conversations with my husband and children.
* I want to savour our homeschooling time, before I know it this exciting journey will be complete.
* I want to savour quiet moments. I want to watch the birds, think thoughts and gaze at the views of our magnificent British countryside.
*I want to savour the seasons. The snowfalls, the frosts, the bracing cold temperatures, the sunshine and warmth, the rainfall and sunsets.
*I want to savour how life is now. The little things that bring joy, make memories and make our lives whole and bursting with love
* I want to savour the gentle rhythm of the liturgical year, walking in purposefully in faith with my hand resting in Jesus'
*I want to savour visits and conversations with my dear friends. I have been so blessed with precious friends since moving to England and I am grateful for their love and friendship.
* I want to savour my garden. The times I prepare the earth, plant, nurture and harvest.
SAVOUR - it is a good word for me to live by this year :)
Blessings in Christ to you all...